Main cargo groups
DB Port Szczecin quays are suitable for handling a wide range of unitized cargo.
We reload all types of cargo as:
- steel products: metal sheets, rolls and packages, wire rods, slabs, billets, logs, steel sheet piles, profiles, pipes, rails and other,
- non- ferrous metals: mainly aluminium: wire coils on pallets, ingots, t-bars, billets and slabs
- granites: slabs and blocks,
- wood pulp in units and paper in rolls,
- other cargo as: cocoa bags.
To handle this types of cargo we dedicate:
- 2 modern, self-propelled Gottwald cranes with lifting capacity 100 tons each,
- 50 forklifts with lifting capacity 25 tons,
- 16 electric cranes with a lifting capacity 25 tons ,
- 2 mobile rough terrain cranes with lifting capacity of 85 t each,
- 4 mobile rough terrain cranes with lifting capacity of 65 t,
- other equipment such as tractors, trailers or belt conveyers.
We have 14 storage yards with a total area of 140 000 m2, dedicated to general cargo and 8 warehouses with over 56 000 m2 of storage space. We provide suitable storage space for all types of cargo. For weather sensitive cargo such as woodpulp and paper, we offer a warehouse with 190 meters of rail tracks inside, which allows manipulation regardless of weather conditions. Other warehouses have tracks loading areas outside.